How can we replace harmful chemicals with Essential Oils?
Essential Oils can be used in 3 ways.
- Aromatically – in a diffuser, on your pillow case, sprayed in the room, on your shirt collar or just simply smelt out of the bottle.Topically – placed on pulse points, souls of your feet, or rubbed into muscles, joints or affected body parts
- Topically – placed on pulse points, souls of your feet, or rubbed into muscles, joints or affected body partsInternally – in your water, cooking or in
- Internally – in your water, cooking or in a empty veggie cap. Please note that all oils are not created equal and it is due to the incredible quality of doTERRA oils that we are able to safely do this.
How to Reduce Stress, Improve Sleep and Increase Energy with Essential Oils
When you are Stressed Use…….
- Clary Calm. I call this my ‘Crazy Mummy Oil’, it promotes calming but also supports a healthy hormonal balance. It gets rolled on my pulse points and belly during ‘that time of the month’ and at the first sign of a stressful situation. Which could be just trying to get the kids out the door to school in the morning.
- Lavender. Lavender is the swiss army knife of Oils and is great for calming when used aromatically and topically.
- Citrus Oils. Citrus Oils such as Lemon, Wild Orange and Bergamot are incredible to diffuse in the room to lesson heightened tension.
To Improve Sleep Use…….
- Lavender. Diffused in the room, or massaged into the soles of feet and within minutes you will be feeling calmer and preparing your body for a restful state.
- Lavender Peace. Lavender Peace is a gorgeous blend of grounding oils (Lavender, Cedarwood, Ho Woo, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang, Roman Chamomile) that helps set a calm tone and relaxes the body. Can be massaged into the soles of your feet before bed, diffused or I even mix some with water in a little spray bottle and spritz my families pillows before bed. Lavender Peace is also a great replacement for an everyday Pure-fume.
When you want to feel energised try……
- Peppermint. Peppermint is not only great for headaches, temperature regulation and calming upset tummies, it is also fantastic as an energiser. Diffused with Wild Orange is a morning favourite in our home.
- Motivate. Motivate is a DōTerra blend containing Peppermint, Coriander, Clementine, Basil, Rosemary and Vanilla. It is my get out of bed and workout blend, the do the things you don’t want to feel like doing initiator!
For Calm Kids…….
- Peace Oil. The combinations of the oils in this blends are incredibly powerful to promote feelings of contentment, composure and reassurance when feeling overwhelmed. A perfect tantrum tamer and help to settle a restless child.
- Lavender Peace. Otherwise known as the Chief Calmer. This is the blend that you can put in the diffuser after your kids bath time and when I am settling into slow down mode before bed. I also put it on in my kids rooms about 30 minutes before they go to bed, to set a calm tone.
To Breathe Easy try…..
Air. A gorgeous combination of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemon and Peppermint that assists open up airways. Amazing for those who suffer from respiratory concerns but also during seasons of allergies and coughs and colds. This can be diffused in a room or bedroom overnight, as well as rubbed diluted on chest and feet. I also love to use Air before a workout or during times of stress when you feel like you need a reminder to breathe.
For Coughs and Colds……
- Tea Tree. Often referred to as Melaleuca, is a great infection buster. As an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, decongestant and anti oxidant, it makes for a brilliant antiseptic. Diffuse for aromatic benefits, which helps stop the spread of germs between family members.
- Oregano, Lemon, Tea Tree, OnGuard, and Frankincense. This is the famous 5 used in what I loving refer to as a ‘Flu Bomb’. 2 drops of each in an empty veggie cap at the first sign of illness and it will have you sorted out pretty quick. No doctors prescriptions required.
- Peppermint. A drop on temples and back of neck and you will feel the tension dissipate. Also a great addition to your protein smoothie and homemade dark chocolate!
- Past Tense. A roller blend containing Wintergreen, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Cilantro, Roman Chamomile, Marjoram, Basil and Rosemary. Apply to temples, the forehead, the back of neck and pulse points on wrists. A handy one to keep in your handbag or top drawer at work.
InTune. A roller bottle blend that allows you to sort through the 100 things you think you need to do and focus on ONE! Not only a winner for us as Mum’s but also for your kids, especially around Homework time.
To help reduce bloating and improved digestion…..
Zengest . Our go to for any digestive concerns. From diarrhoea to constipation, gas and bloated feelings. Also a winner after indulging in foods our bodies are perhaps not used to. Can be rolled on (diluted with a carrier oil) on our stomachs, taken in a shot glass with water or sipped on throughout the day in your glass water bottle.
To support Immune Health…….
OnGuard. This baby gets rolled onto the soles of feet at the beginning of each school term, diffused at the first sign of a sniffle or body ache and taken internally when I feel my glands start to get a little swollen and my body is giving me a gentle reminder to slow down.
Oregano. I thought it may have been great just for my Pasta sauce but little did I know that Oregano is nature’s very own Antibiotic. Considered a hot oil, it needs to be used carefully and heavily diluted when used on your skin. But can also be diffused and taken internally via a veggie cap.
Tired Muscles / Joint pain……….
Deep Blue. Deep Blue is an active person’s best friend. Deep blue is my go to for sore muscles and joints. Like most oils I use them as a preventative as much as a treatment, in other words before workouts and after. I have also found it super helpful for period cramping and my aches and pains.
Did you know that the average woman rubs or sprays approximately 750 chemicals on her body every day?
All of these, contain chemicals and toxins that love to mess with our hormonal balance and body chemistry.
If you’re looking for a toxic free lifestyle then essential oils are the way to go.
To open your own account and get them for the price that I do, at a 25% reduction on retail price.
Go to OPEN YOUR OWN ACCOUNT HERE
Ensure you click join and save.
You get a heap of other benefits too by having your own account. But I can tell you more about that once you’ve joined.
To all you mums out there make 2019 the year you decided to take action on your family’s health.