Essential oils can be an overwhelming topic if you’re trying to learn everything and anything, as quickly as possible. 😰
But with a few basic know-hows, you can get started with diffusing them in your home whilst getting the most benefits out of them! 😃
So let’s get straight into it:
1. Choose a few favourites 😍 – Diffusing essential oils becomes a lot easier if you’re not stuck there choosing between all 94 types and feeling like you have to research them all. But if you find out what you can get a hold of and which scents seem familiar/interesting to you, then take a look at the benefits and use them! This makes it so much easier for you to actually get stuck into using essential oils, rather than getting pulled into all the information that’s out there.
2. Follow a guideline – An essential oil chart is a great place to start if you’re worried about what will smell right with what when figuring out how to make blends. So stick to the guidelines and do what’s tried-and-tested until you get a gist of how it all works. Then you can get the most out of your oils without being put off by something that smells way too strong or just awful.
3. Get a good quality carrier oil 💧 or oil diffuser – All the benefits of essential oils are either from diffusing them or applying them onto your body. So if you use a good quality carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, and invest into a diffuser, you can get all the benefits you could dream of without any complicated recipes. Sure, those recipes will be useful later on but for now, just learn which essential oils are working well for you by simply diluting them before use.
4. If you’re trying to solve a specific problem, concentrate on how you feel 😌 – Essential oils aren’t one size fits all. Different oils work for different people and do different things. So if you’re using them to ease the headaches you get whilst working, to ease your insomnia or to make it easier to wake up 😴 then you’ll need to experiment a little until you find what works best for you. And if you’re doing it just to make your home smell nice, help you feel relaxed and to add an ambience to your rooms, then you need to think about what smells best rather than the therapeutic benefits.
5. Make sure it’s the real deal – There are a lot of fake essential oils out there that are diluted with vegetable oils or just don’t contain any of the real thing at all. Anything that’s casually called a fragrance oil or has more than one ingredient on the list won’t be pure, so keep an eye out for that. If you already have essential oils, then try adding a drop to some tissue paper and see if it leaves a stain once dried. If it does then it’s been mixed with other ingredients and if it doesn’t, it’s most likely pure (some essential oils are thicker than others and can still leave a stain, but this should help you in most cases). 😃
So there you have it!
These 5 tips should help you out whether you’re new to essential oils or not, but if you want to know more about anything in particular just send me an email email@example.com